Parish Committee Communications Work Group
The mission of the Parish Committee Communications Work Group is to improve congregational communications, official, between leadership and groups, and among congregants, as well as the wider world. We seek to support our existing communications streams, the volunteers and employees creating content and productions. We identify, evaluate, and support adding new media streams in supportable, appropriately bounded ways supportive of the congregation.
Documents related to this work group's current activities:
► March 11, 2014
► March 4, 2014
► Useful Documents
* Starred items require First Parish's regular username and password. Email officemanager @ firstparish.info if you do not have the username and password.
Action Items related to this group's work:
- Applaud volunteers for excellent Spire and Meetinghouse productions. Attempt support: Meetinghouse blogger needed!
- Brainstorm improvements for Spoken Announcements. Propose policy.
- Expand beta testers for online photo directory and potential intranet. Evaluate options, recommend default settings and range of settings available to possible categories of users. Propose acceptable use policy, moderation methodology, and penalties for violation.
- Applaud staff for web site, eBulletin, Sunday Bulletin, Order of Service, calendar. Expand group sites, minutes archives.
- Evaluate Brief Briefings as new institution, effectiveness, weaknesses, goals met, and issues of scheduling.
- Propose policy for official Social Media (Facebook, LiveJournal, Twitter) streams, recruit editor(s), content creators. Bring existing unofficial streams into the fold.
- Propose policy for printing things for the hallways, walls, and within each of our spaces. Office manager is the gatekeeper of what gets authorized to be posted at this time, and custom limits individual maverick postings.
- Encourage groups and individuals to send events to our Communications Director, Greg, for inclusion on the website and calendar. Office staff assist in this already. Better integration, ease of content submission, and policy needed.
- Recruit editor and investigative reporters to follow up/tag groups weekly, make reporting of church events a priority, propose policy, track/propose publication venues.
- Support committees to include reporting upcoming events of their committee as a task in their charters, and to do it.