Parish Committee Covenant
As members of the Parish Committee, we commit ourselves to realizing the mission of First Parish, and to keep it prominent before us as we make decisions, create policies, and choose priorities for our community.
- We promise to be good stewards of our resources and care for the long-term well-being of our community.
- As leaders of the congregation, we will model enthusiasm, diligence, courage, and positive relationships.
- We commit ourselves to building trust between and among members of the congregation, leaders, and staff through clear communication, transparent processes, and responsible and compassionate action.
- We will seek to involve all members of the congregation, hear their diverse voices, and encourage leadership among them.
- Among ourselves, we will speak and listen with care for one another, and hear each voice with equal respect. We will start and end meetings on time.
- As leaders, we understand that we will be called on to speak difficult truths with love. We will encourage conflicting opinions with open hearts and minds. Once made, we will stand united behind our decisions.
We offer our service on the Parish Committee in the spirit of love.
—Adopted by the Parish Committee 2011