Trustees of the Trust Funds
Trustees of the Trust Funds of First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington
The purpose of the trust funds is to ensure the long-term survival of First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church of Arlington (the “church”). To accomplish this goal, the following principles are considered by the Trustees in deciding how to invest funds and spend funds.
- Restricted funds managed by the Trustees must be handled in accordance with restrictions as set by the donors.
- The benchmark amount of the unrestricted trust funds’ principal may only be used for long-term capital projects.
- The benchmark amount is the value of the unrestricted funds as of December 8, 2003: $1,270.637.
- The trustees may, from time to time, modify the benchmark amount to maintain the purchasing power of the trust funds and/or to reflect donations to the trust funds.
- Accumulated earnings and gains in excess of the benchmark amount may be disbursed when, in the judgment of the Trustees, it is prudent to do so.
- The trustees will encourage planned giving to the church in keeping with their purpose to ensure the long-term survival of the church.
Note: You will need First Parish's usual username and password to view the following documents. If you need assistance, please contact churchoffice @ firstparish.info
Charter & Policies
- Capital Infrastructure Fund Policy
- First Parish Investment Policy
- 2004 Trustees Clarification of Purpose
- Trustees Conflict of Interest
- UUA Endowment Fund Guide
- Approach and Workplan_Investment Manager Review 2016
- Process for Review of Trust Fund Investment Management Firm
- 1798 Bible Loan Agreement
- Archives Agreement with Andover-Harvard Theological Library
- Description of 1798 Bible
- Vault Contents
- Coin Appraisal
- Historical Assets and Appraisals
- Arlington Historical Society Loan
- Donating Securities to First Parish
- How We Process Securities Donations
- Trustees Annual Report 2014-15
- Meetinghouse Air Conditioning Loan Agreement
- List of Trust Fund Contributions
- Planned Giving Information
- Trust Fund Performance & Contributions to the Church
- Agnes Damon Wellington Fund
Investment Management Firm