Procedures for Use of First Parish Arlington Facilities
► Regulations Governing the Use of First Parish Arlington Facilities
- Every prospective user must complete a signed application accompanied by a $100 deposit (or the full user fee if less than $100) followed by one-half of the user fee when the application is approved. All final payments are due 14 days prior to the event.
- The use of the Space is limited to the number of persons, purpose, and room(s) specified in the approved application, which is non-transferable.
- First Parish representatives will have the right to direct the applicant in the proper use of the Space.
- The First Parish Alcohol Policy adopted by the Parish Committee May 12, 2012, must be strictly followed. (Please refer to the copy of this policy included in this packet.)
- If permission to serve alcohol is given according to the policy mentioned above, the caterer (or the applicant if there is no caterer) must provide First Parish with Evidence of Insurance (Commercial General Liability) including Liquor Liability coverage naming “First Parish Arlington, Unitarian Universalist” as an “additional insured.” (Please refer to the Liquor Liability Insurance Coverage Requirement in this packet.)
- The Town of Arlington requires a Temporary Food Permit for all public events and for private events when space is rented from a function hall or place of worship for an event at which food is served. The caterer or applicant must obtain the necessary permits and provide copies to First Parish at least 14 days in advance of the Event. A copy of the application form is included in this packet as a courtesy. All questions should be directed to the office of the Board of Health at 781-316-3170.
- Caterers and bartenders must supply their own trash bags and remove all trash from church property after the Event.
- The Space and all facilities must be left in the condition in which they were found. Furnishings may not be moved from room to another. All kitchen counters must be cleaned; dishes, utensils must be washed, dried, and put away; and floors swept. Trash should be taken with you or put in the trash shed.
- All leftover food and drink must be removed from the building.
- All Events require the submittal to First Parish of a damage and cleanup deposit, unless otherwise waived or reduced by the Office Manager.
- Smoking is not allowed in any First Parish building.
- Decorations may not be attached using thumbtacks, transparent tape, or any methods that damage surfaces.
- Parking is not provided. Please encourage use of public parking and public transportation.
- First Parish may require our custodian to be on duty during the Event. There will be an additional hourly charge for this. The Office Manager will inform you if this is necessary. Typically a custodian is required on evenings or weekends when the church office is closed or when an event is open to the public. At the discretion of the Office Manager, a Member of First Parish with a current pledge on record may be permitted to volunteer as the custodian in lieu of a paid custodian.
- First Parish further reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine to whom and for what purposes the facilities will be made available.
- First Parish’s musical instruments, equipment, and audio/visual equipment may not be used without the prior written permission of First Parish. Additional deposits and/or user fees may be charged if permission is granted.
- Users of the Sanctuary must leave the room set up according to detailed instructions provided separately.
- First Parish Child Safety Policies must be followed. In particular, at any time when any child is not with his or her parent or guardian, there must be two unrelated adults present with the child(ren).
- First Parish is certified as a Green Sanctuary by the Unitarian Universalist Association. We request that you follow our environmental policies and guidelines. A copy of our Green Sanctuary policies is included in this packet.
- Applicant must provide a certificate of insurance unless this requirement is waived in writing by the Office Manager.