Guidelines for Retreats
at Ferry Beach Park Association
- Respect all property of Ferry Beach as if it were your own and leave this place better than you found it. Recycle and throw away trash.
- Consume food in the dining hall and not in dormitory rooms.
- Supervise children and youth with an adult at all times.
- Observe all of the guidelines regarding the beach, (written on a sign on the beachfront). Most importantly: swim at your own risk and always swim with a buddy. Do NOT let children swim without an adult swimmer present.
- Do not put your feet on couches, chairs or other structures not intended for shoes.
- Respect the alcohol policy of Ferry Beach: the consumption of alcohol is restricted to the dining hall area and private rooms unless stated otherwise in your contract.
- Pick up after yourself and your family.
- Do not destroy the dunes by walking on them.
- Play with toys, balls and Frisbees that are stored in the boxes near the volleyball court and return them there when you are finished with them.
- Remember that check out of rooms is 10am on Sunday. You must be out of the dorms by that time.
To Make Your Stay Enjoyable:
- Check the weather before you pack for Ferry Beach.
- Bring with you a variety of outerwear. Maine can be warm one moment and the wind can shift, particularly at the beach, and it can get very chilly.
- Bring your own bedding. We do have a small supply on hand for rent.
- Sweatshirts and warm pajamas are a good idea in the shoulder season. We have heat in the hallways of the dormitories and in the common spaces (the Dolphin Room, the auditorium, the Ziegler Room).
- Nights are often cool, so bring an extra jacket if you plan on being a part of an evening outdoor activity.
- Bring sunscreen.