Action Sunday Consultant
Background: On Sunday, 30 April 2017, up to 200 people from First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Arlington will volunteer in the community. We have not done this before and need someone to help identify project sites and coordinate the details. We need a mix of service and advocacy projects and a variety of projects that can utilize children, youth, active adults, elders, and skilled as well as unskilled volunteers.
Duties: The consultant will
- Create the list of project sites:
- Contact as many as many organizations as necessary
- Make a short list of likely places
- Visit the short-listed ones and negotiate arrangements
- Recommend the final sites to the Action Sunday Group
- Write up the requirements for each site for volunteers
- Work with the volunteer Action Sunday Group to coordinate plans and assist with assigning volunteers to sites
- Coordinate final plans for Action Sunday
Characteristics: The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and organized, friendly, flexible, and have experience working on similar volunteer placements. Interest in community service and advocacy and familiarity with non-profit organizations in greater Boston are required.
Time: The work will be concentrated in October-November 2016 and March-April 2017. Some of the work will have to be done on weekday evenings or weekends, and some can be done at the consultant’s convenience.
Chair of the Action Sunday Group
ormejohnson.carol @ gmail.com