The Office Manager position is a critical role in the administration of the church. The Manager oversees a number of vital operational areas, including staff supervision, database management, IT support, and building management. The role supports the ministers, the staff, and the congregation in keeping the church running smoothly.
- Administration and Human resources management:
- Supervise administrative and building staff
- Oversee basic human resources functions, such as benefits administration, new hire onboarding, and maintenance of personnel files
- Work with the HR Committee and others to hire staff, as needed
- Process and record payroll
- Database management:
- Serve as administrator of the church-wide database
- Provide database training and assistance to staff and lay leaders, and overall support to entire congregation
- Maintain group rosters, input registrations, design and run reports, update user data, and engage in maintenance as needed
- Enter and maintain pledge and giving records and act as main point of contact for donor questions
- Building and facilities management:
- Work closely with the engaged Property Committee to maintain the building
- Act as the main point of contact for building users, short- and long-term space renters, and contractors, and supervise outside contractors, as needed
- Oversee distribution of keys and building access codes, and provide training on procedures to users of the space
- Schedule required inspections for building systems
- Information technology management:
- Maintain email accounts, aliases, Google groups, and Office 365 groups
- Select, install, and maintain both hardware and software
- Manage website and email host services
- Manage online software services, cloud storage, data backups, etc.
- Office equipment management:
- Provide training and technical support of all office and AV equipment
- Arrange for and oversee equipment maintenance with service contractors
- Purchase and maintain AV equipment (projectors, sound, screens)
Hours and location:
- Full time, 40 hours per week with reduced hours in the summer
- Works at First Parish Unitarian Universalist in Arlington, MA
- Reports to the Senior Minister
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Highly accountable, with the ability to fully own and drive work
- Driven, self-starter that can work independently and knows when to reach out for direction
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate work, as needed
- Ability to be political savvy and problem solve with sensitivity and discretion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect personal information
- Skilled in Microsoft office suite, database management- Realm Database experience a plus!
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Prior experience manager/supervising staff
- Prior religious institution experience a strong plus
Compensation and Rationale:
- Per UUA Fair Compensation guidelines, “Congregational Administrator” according to experience and qualifications. Matches other UU congregations with similar positions.
- $50,000 to $55,000 annual salary
First Parish Unitarian Universalist strives to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is part and parcel of what we do. We are looking forward to a diverse pool of candidates for this job.
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued. We promote a deep sense of pride, passion and belonging that transcends any role and is unified in our shared commitment to our mission and values. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and creative work environment that better serves our religious community.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org