- Executive Assistant to the Minister (part-time)
- Director of Religious Education
- Youth Program Coordinator (part-time)
- Religious Education Assistant (part-time)
- Nursery Coordinator (part-time)
- Nursery Assistant (part-time)
- Music Director/Children’s Choir Director (part-time)
- Organist/Pianist (part-time)
- Office Manager
- Office Associate (part-time)
- Communications Associate (part-time)
- Sexton (part-time)
- Sunday Sexton (part-time)
- Summer Services Assistants (part-time)
Member Hiring Policy
Only candidates who are not First Parish members, and have not been First Parish members for at least three years, will be considered for most positions. Teenagers, young adults who grew up in our congregation, and people who are preparing for Unitarian Universalist ministry may be considered for positions related to religious education, sexton work, and supporting summer services, whether or not they have joined First Parish as associate members or members.
Approved by the Parish Committee, September 13, 2016
The Employee Handbook contains information about the employment practices, policies and benefits of the First Parish Unitarian Universalist of Arlington, Massachusetts (hereafter First Parish). It applies to all First Parish employees and called ministers unless stated otherwise in this Handbook or agreed upon in writing by the senior minister.
The Handbook is not a contract, expressed or implied, guarantying employment for a specified period of time. Employment at First Parish is at‑will, unless otherwise stated by agreement in a written contract signed by the senior minister. Employment at-will means that the employment relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either First Parish or the employee.
First Parish reserves the right to unilaterally revise, delete and add to the provisions of this Employee Handbook at any time with or without notice. Every effort will be made to keep you informed of First Parish’s policies, but we cannot guarantee that notice of revisions will be provided.
Please feel free to ask questions about any of the information within this Employee Handbook.