First Parish Evacuation Plan
- When the building alarm sounds, we evacuate.
- Evacuate quickly and quietly.
- Help those who are mobility impaired or those with young children.
- Meet your family and friends at the rally point. Children in Religious Education classes (RE) will be taken to the rally point.
- If there is an issue with your assigned evacuation exit, please proceed to the next nearest exit to evacuate. Rally point (place to meet and reorganize): in front of Arlington Town Hall, 730 Massachusetts Avenue, to west of the First Parish campus
To exit the First Parish building there are 6 doors: West Mass Ave, East Mass Ave, Pleasant Street, Parish House, Vestry (exits onto grass), Annex (has steps/not a wheelchair exit).
To reach the Arlington Town Hall, 730 Mass Ave rally point:
- From West Mass Ave and East Mass Ave doors:
- Proceed north to Massachusetts Ave then turn left (west) along Mass Ave. Follow Mass Ave to the Arlington Town Hall, 730 Mass Ave entrance on your left.
- From Parish House, Annex, Vestry, and Pleasant Street doors:
- Proceed to the walkway next to the cemetery either turn right (west) towards Robbins Library and Peg Spengler Way.
- Turn right (north) on Peg Spengler Way and proceed to Massachusetts Ave.
- or turn left (east) towards Pleasant Street. Follow the walkway to Pleasant Street and turn left.
- Follow Pleasant Street to Massachusetts Ave. Turn left at Mass Ave.
- Follow Massachusetts Ave. (west) to Arlington Town Hall, 730 Mass Ave.
To exit the First Parish building from the:
- Parish House (areas numbered PH0xx, PH1xx, PH2xx)
- Basement and 2nd floor: use stairwells to reach the first floor. For those on wheels: the elevator is the only accessible route from any other floors of the Parish House to the first floor.
- Exit through the Parish House door or the West Mass Ave door.
- Annex (areas numbered A1xx) –
- Exit through the Annex door.
- Note: The Annex door has steps. If steps are a barrier, exit through the West Mass Ave door.
- Reception area (areas R1xx) –
- Exit through the West Mass Ave door.
- Kitchen, Mechanical Room and first floor Men’s and Women’s restrooms
- Exit through the West Mass Ave door, the Vestry door, or the East Mass Ave door.
- Exit through the Vestry door or the East Mass Ave door.
- The choir/organ half of the Sanctuary including the balcony and the narthex (East Mass Ave door entrance area)
- Exit through the East Mass Ave door.
- The pulpit/bell half of the Sanctuary including the balcony as well as the choir room, the green room and the sexton’s closet
- Exit through the Pleasant Street door.
First Parish Emergency Exits Map:
Map to First Parish Rally Point –
in front of Town Hall, 730 Mass Ave