This year’s retreat will take place from Friday, September 29th through Sunday, October 1st. Check in starts at 5pm on Friday. Room check out is at 10am sharp on Sunday, however, we have access to the rest of the facility until after lunch.
Registration is through Realm, First Parish’s online directory and database, but it is not yet open. At least one person in your party must have a Realm account; that person can register other people as guests. Information about the registration process, including pricing, will be found here. A Realm account is need to view this page. If you don’t have a Realm account, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to set one up, so you’ll be ready when registration opens. You do not need to be a member of First Parish to be eligible for a Realm account.
According to the Ferry Beach Retreat Center COVID-19 page Ferry Beach no longer requires vaccinations but strongly recommends them. All staff will be fully vaccinated. In addition, N-95 or KN-95 masks are required in the food line. We require everyone to do a home test before arriving; if you test positive or have any symptoms, please stay home.
Sharing the Retreat Center
At this time, there are no other groups using the Retreat Center. As we learn more, we will update this site.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I register for just part of the weekend?To keep complexity within the capacity of the (volunteer!) planning committee and to ensure that we are able to meet our financial obligations to the Ferry Beach Retreat Center, partial registrations are not available. We hope you can stay for the whole weekend, but if you need to leave early, we will miss you!
- Is carpooling to Saco, ME available?During registration, you will be offered the chance to say if you are interested in carpooling. We will share the list of people interested in carpooling so that you can make your own arrangements.
- Do I need to bring linens?
- Dorms require sheets, blankets, pillows, and towels. Dorms are not heated, so plan accordingly.
- Cabins are heated and include linens.
- What are the COVID protocols?
- We are following Ferry Beach’s COVID protocol.
- In addition, we require that everyone must test negative before they come.
- Any tips for registering on Realm?
- A limited number of single occupancy rooms will be available for an additional charge, for those who do not want to share a room. Registrants will be given the option to choose a Single Room Upgrade or choose to room with another person.
- A limited number of private cabins are available for an additional charge. Only one member of a registration party should choose the Cabin Upgrade when registering.
- If you wish to camp onsite for the weekend, one member of a camping party should choose the Team Site Leader option. Other members of the party will just pay for meals.
- Which meals are included?
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday; dinner is not provided on Friday. Folks are welcome to bring snacks to share Friday evening and throughout the weekend.
- When registering, you will have the opportunity to note dietary restrictions.
- What time is check in/check out?
- Check-in is from 5 pm to 10 pm on Friday.
- Room check-out is 10 am sharp on Sunday. We are free to stay on the grounds until 4 pm.
- What can I expect for the weekend?
- Whether you are seeking connection and conversation or quiet and contemplation, the Ferry Beach retreat has something for you!
- If you’re looking for peace and solitude, the campus is large, the beach is on-site, and the dining hall has a wonderful wrap-around porch filled with rocking chairs. You’re welcome to be as active or contemplative as you wish.
- There have been numerous attendee-run activities including yoga, meditation, group walks along the beach and/or through the woods, shopping trip to the Saco Goodwill, art-making, Frisbee golf outing, card and board games, puzzles and more! And Saturday night boasts both a bonfire and the famous Talent/No Talent Show.
- Sunday morning, we must be packed and out of our rooms by 10 am. Then you are invited to gather for an open-air worship service in the wooded Grove chapel, followed by lunch. We are welcome to stay on the grounds until 4 pm.