Our Mission Statement
We choose to be a liberal religious community, welcoming to all.
We encourage each other on our spiritual journeys,
Support one another through the changes in our lives,
And challenge the excesses and injustices of our time.
Called to love and upheld by joy, we live our faith.
—Adopted by the congregation March 28, 2010
Our Vision Statement
First Parish in the year 2022 is a community that fully embraces the richness of activity and membership that naturally result from actively living our faith.
- We nourish and celebrate our excellent worship and music programs.
- Our vibrant religious education program nurtures our spiritual growth throughout our lives.
- We sustain and grow our shared ministries so each person feels known, connected, and supported.
- We warmly and intentionally welcome newcomers.
- We are actively accessible to people of differing abilities.
- Our membership reflects the diversity of our surrounding communities.
- We are known as a strong voice for Unitarian Universalist values and an advocate for social justice in our local communities and beyond.
- Each person is empowered and supported to engage fully in the life of the church as participants, leaders, and stewards.
- Each person is challenged to live their faith in all aspects of life, to believe, to doubt, to explore, to learn, to seek spiritual growth.
- Our facilities accommodate a wealth of activity with accessible, comfortable, and attractive space.
- Our staffing, governance, and volunteer structures are effective, transparent, and clearly communicated.
—Adopted by the Parish Committee August 8, 2012