RELIGIOUS EDUCATION NEWS – January 25, 2023
We are off to a great start with our winter term 2023. Our classes were bustling with happy energy and it was wonderful to see our rooms full of children again!
Regular morning classes for our grade groups will continue over the next few weeks. Children are encouraged to bring their coats and warm clothing since many groups go outside on a regular basis to commune with nature and to get some fresh air.
What’s happening in our classes on January 29?
- PreK will make rainbows
- K/1 will talk about symbols of faith
- 2/3 will make containers to force bulbs, and go outside to look for signs of growth
- 4/5 will think about and discuss the importance of “questioning”
- 6/7 will go on a field trip to High Rock Church, departing First Parish at 9:50
- Coming of Age will meet at 7 pm in the Parlor
- Youth Group will meet to plan their upcoming fundraiser, a line dance!
Upcoming Activities that families might be interested in attending:
Cookies and Tea (or Milk) with Tina on Friday, January 27, 4-5:30 pm
Line Dance/Games/Food, Saturday, February 4, 6-9:30 pm (this is a fundraiser for the service trip)
Games Night, Friday, March 3, 6:30-9:30 pm
We are actively recruiting for the spring teaching term, April – June. If you have never taught before we are happy to partner you with a veteran. If it’s been a while since you’ve been in the classroom you may have forgotten how rewarding the experience is for everyone – the kids and for you! We have teaching slots available in many grades right now, so contact Tina@firstparish.info soon to claim your favorite age group.
We hope you stay snug and healthy over the next few weeks and look forward to seeing your happy faces again very soon.