First Parish has a long history of dedication to peace, equality, and fairness. Members of the congregation continue this tradition of promoting positive social change. We give blood and donate food. and work toward racial equity. We educate ourselves about climate change, issues of diversity, and economic justice.
First Parish’s Social Justice Committee is the central resource and conduit for social justice work expressing the values, concerns, and interests of the congregation. Various action groups are supported and funded by the committee, Annual activities include:
- Provides small grants ($300 – $500) for projects enhance the effectiveness of our efforts
- Coordinates two worship services annually (The Shinn Service and Living our Faith Service)
- Runs the Pie Palace at Arlington Town Day each September
- Selects and administers the Giving First Program
- Holds annual Social Justice potluck each winter.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.